Rapid detox is a safe and confidential procedure that takes place in our surgical center. You will be supervised at all times by a team of highly trained and experienced physicians, nurses, and medical personnel. The procedure takes 30 to 90 minutes.
- Once the process is complete, you will be moved to a retreat center for a few days
- Detox is private and confidential
CONTACT US TODAY
The Rapid Detox Schedule
Here is a sample schedule describing the rapid detox process:
- Pre-Procedure: Once you call our office for more information, you will have a phone interview and screening, along with an email questionnaire. This is to determine whether or not rapid detox is right for you. You will also have a consultation in our office and will have your medical clearance completed. Some initial tests will be needed, such as blood work, EKG, and x-rays. These tests ensure that there will not be any health concerns during your rapid detox.
- Checking In: You are admitted to our surgical center the night before your procedure, and pre-anesthesia protocols begin with our staff.
- Day 1: The rapid detox procedure begins in the morning. During the procedure, while you are sedated, you will receive opiate blockers, which reduce the effects of opiates in your system. This procedure lasts about one hour. Afterward, you are transferred to a recovery room where you are closely observed until the next day.
- Day 2: In the morning, you are transferred to our residential aftercare center for recovery.
- Days 3 – 6: During your time at the aftercare center, you will see your doctor for a medical follow-up and will also visit with a therapist. Alternative treatments such as massage and acupuncture are also offered.
- Day 7: After a few days at the recovery center, you are discharged.
Physical Symptoms to Expect During Detox
The majority of the withdrawal symptoms are mitigated due to the state-of-the-art rapid detox process.
The exact symptoms that are experienced are different for each individual. Some of the most common symptoms experiencing following drug detox include fluid retention, difficulty with sleep and body temperature regulation, and appetite changes.
During the rapid detox and recovery process, our medical care team will work to accommodate you and keep you comfortable.
Psychological Symptoms During the Detox Procedure
It is not uncommon for patients undergoing detox to experience mood changes, and counseling services are available to help people to get through this. After a few days, you will have a lowered craving for addictive substances and will notice that your mood has evened out.
Why Supervised Detox Is a Good Choice
Because of the physical and psychological effects of detox, it is important that the procedure be medically supervised by a caring and experienced team of professionals. The transitional phase can be a difficult time emotionally and physically for patients, which is why the supervision is needed. This critical phase is when the body experiences a great deal of stress. Medical and psychological care providers can attend to these needs in a compassionate and attentive way.
You can ease the stress of withdrawal by recovering in our state-of-the-art recovery center following your procedure.
Unlike other detox providers who send you home or to a hotel in order to complete your recovery, we provide customized care in a retreat center where you have access to medical care, psychological care, and alternative treatments such as massage and acupuncture.
This around-the-clock care takes place in a safe environment where you can enjoy healing and privacy without the need for attending forced meetings or adhering to strict schedules. At our retreat center, your needs are continually honored and provided for.
Our patients report feeling comfortable and respected during their time at the retreat center, and we strive to make sure that your recovery time is relaxing and safe with an individualized plan in place.